Whether you’re investing in real estate or a homeowner looking to make improvements to your home, it’s wise to know which renovations will deliver the highest return on your investment down the line.
Here are some of the top improvements you can make that will add value to your home:
1) Eco-friendly Updates – potential homeowners are looking for energy conservation homes (solar panels, LED lighting and efficient cooling/heating systems).
2) Smart Home Technology – features that make day-to-day living more streamlined are in demand, such as automated security, smart thermostats, alarms, automated window coverings and smart kitchen laundry appliances, as well as voice-activated entertainment systems.
3) Luxury Amenities – with more people spending more time at home, luxury amenities are a must, including home theaters, home gyms, outdoor pool and a spa/sauna.
4) Indoor-Outdoor Living – for seamless transition from indoor to outdoor living, try installing larger windows that bring in more light, and a large door that opens up to the outdoor deck/patio.
4) Refinishing/installing Hardware Flooring – hardwood flooring is still very much in demand. If your home currently has hardwood floors, simply refinishing them will do wonders.
5) Kitchen Renovation – a total kitchen renovation comes with a high price tag. Simply updating the kitchen with newer, more efficient appliances, and new fixtures such as faucets, hardware and lighting can make a big difference.
6) Bathroom Renovation – this doesn’t need to be a total renovation. Simple steps such as a new bathroom vanity, and updated lighting and hardware will totally revitalize the bathroom.
7) Closet Renovation – investing in a simple shelf-and-rod system, or adding additional shelves will add much-needed storage space and make for a more efficient space.
8) Outdoor Living Space – adding a covered deck or patio with comfy seating and an outdoor kitchen make for a wonderful entertaining space for family and friends.
9) Garage Door Replacement – a new garage door can give your home instant curb appeal.
10) Fresh Coat of Paint & Landscaping – a coat of fresh coat, both interior and exterior, instantly transforms the look of your home and gives it a fresh, clean look. Adding a few shrubs and flowering plants make your home more visually appealing.
Ultimately, you’ll want to make the home improvements that add value to your home. The renovations and improvements listed above are a worthy investment of your time and money.